Inglés para niños: 10 amazing facts about London
10 datos sorprendentes sobre Londres para que los niños aprendan inglés de forma divertida
Te invitamos a leer 10 datos asombrosos sobre Londres en inglés: 10 amazing facts about London. Una lectura muy divertida e interesante para niños de Primaria, de la mano de la revista para aprender inglés I Love English Junior (septiembre 2021, número 119).
Los niños conocerán datos sorprendentes sobre estos insectos que sufren una de las metamorfosis más asombrosas de la naturaleza. Además, aprenderán nuevo vocabulario y practicarán la lectura en inglés.
10 amazing facts about London: lecturas en inglés para niños
1. In 1666 a devastating fire swept through the central parts of London, destroying 13,200 houses, 87 churches, and St. Paul's Cathedral, among others. The event is known as The Great Fire of London. The rebuilding of London took over 30 years. The site where the fire started is now marked by an outstanding monument that is 61 metres tall.
2. The most famous clock in London is... yes, Big Ben. It's probably the most iconic imagen in London. Big Ben is actually the name of the huge bell inside the clock of the Houses of Parliament. Every hour a hammer strikes the time on it. If it is four o'clock, the hammer strikes it four times. Big Ben also refers to the clock tower itself.
3. London's tallest building is not Big Ben but the Shard, completed in 2012 at 309 metres tall! It is located in Southwark and it was the tallest building in the European Union until the UK's departure.
4. London's iconic letterboxes are... red! The earliest boxes on Jersey were red, then a change was made in 1859 and they became green. However, people had difficulty finding them and a return to red was established in 1874. It took 10 years to complete the re-painting. Since then, red remains the standard colour, with few exceptions.
5. On a Sunday morning, it's not unusual to find crowds gathering at "Speakers? Corner" in Hyde Park to listen to people's ideas. Anyone can speak on any subject, as long as the police consider their speeches lawful. Speakers' Corner is a site for public debates since 1880. Historic figures such as George Orwell used it to express their views.
6. The most famous bear of London is Paddington Bear, a statue representing the fictional character in British children's literature. This statue, located at Paddington Station, has become a popular spot to visit for young and old.
7. Make sure you visit Peter Pan?s statue too! It is located in Kensington Gardens, in the same spot as Peter lands his bird-nest boat in the story "The Little White Bird". The statue depicts the famous character surrounded by fairies and woodland animals such as squirrels, rabbits and mice.
8. Talking about books... can you imagine "A Conversation with Oscar Wilde"? This is the name of a monument in London that features Oscar Wilde's head rising from a sarcophagus. There you can read one of his famous lines: "We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars". Oscar Wilde was one of the most popular playwrights in London throughout the 1890s.
9. And do you know where in London did the fictional Sherlock Holmes live? This famous detective, created by author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, lived at 221B Baker Street. Postal addresses with a number followed by a letter indicate that it is a residential building.
10. Hamleys Toy Shop in London is the world?s most iconic toy store and one of most popular attractions with children. There you can find a variety of traditional and contemporary kids? toys and characters such as Lego, Harry Potter, Nerf, Playmobil, etc., either soft toys, arts & crafts, dolls or action toys and games.
10 datos sorprendentes sobre las mariposas para que los niños aprendan inglés de forma divertida: 10 amazing facts about butterflies
Te invitamos a leer 10 datos asombrosos sobre las cebras en inglés: 10 amazing facts about the zebras. Una lectura muy entretenida para niños de Primaria, de la...
Te invitamos a leer 10 datos asombrosos sobre los animales más grandes y rápidos del mundo en inglés: 10 amazing facts about the world's largest and fastest...
¿Quieres saber más sobre los rascacielos? Te invitamos a leer 10 datos asombrosos sobre los rascacielos en inglés: 10 amazing facts about skyscrapers. Una lectura...
Interesante test en inglés. Se trata de un cuestionario con preguntas sobre Londres, la capital del Reino Unido y una de las ciudades más turísticas del mundo.
I Love English Junior, nos invita a participar en este interesante test en inglés elaborado por la redacción de la revista a partir del contenido del número de...
¡Sé el primero en comentar!